Truck accidents are the most dangerous type of accident on the road today. When a passenger car is hit by a tractor trailer, the impact is terrible. Very few people walk away from this type of accident. If they survive, their injuries will be severe.
If you’re injured in a truck accident, you’re going to want someone to pay. It’s bad enough that people are afraid to share the road with truck drivers. When this fear becomes a reality, it can shake you to your core.
Not only will you be dealing with physical injuries. You’ll also face possible emotional and mental anguish as a result of your accident. You need an experienced car accident lawyer to help you get justice.
Your Greenville Car Accident Attorney Knows the Causes of Truck Accidents
A lot of car drivers have a certain fear of trucks. Sharing the road with them can be intimidating at best. This gets even worse in busy traffic and bad weather. If you’re actually hit by a tractor trailer, it can be your worst fears come to life.
The reason these accidents are so dangerous is because a car doesn’t stand a chance against a large truck. They’re simply too big and powerful. Passengers in cars take the brunt of the damage in truck accidents.
South Carolina auto accident attorneys handle cases involving tractor trailers all the time. They know what the most common causes of a truck accident are. These causes include:
- Driver error – Truck drivers are human. They make mistakes. The problem is that a small mistake can cause a huge accident when you’re driving a tractor trailer.
- Poor maintenance – Trucks need to be serviced routinely to make sure they’re safe. If a driver doesn’t have his truck maintained properly, it can cause an accident.
- Equipment failure – If there is a mechanical failure on a truck, the results can be disastrous.
- Inclement weather – Rain and snow can contribute to a truck driver losing control. You may want to avoid sharing the road during inclement weather with a truck if you can help it.
- Improper cargo loading – Truck drivers work hard to transport as much product as possible. They try to do this as quickly as possible too. This can cause them to overload their trucks. This can cause roll-overs and jackknife accidents.
Your Greenville Car Accident Attorney Will File a Claim Against All Possible Parties
If you’re injured in a truck accident, your Greenville car accident attorney will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Truck accidents can be complicated because you may have a claim against more than one party.
Initially, you’ll file a claim against the driver’s commercial insurance policy. If they pay your claim –great. However, a lot of claims are denied. They can be denied for a variety of reasons. It usually comes down to the insurance adjuster believing you were at fault.
If this is the case, you’ll have no choice but to file a lawsuit. Your attorney will make sure he names all possible defendants in your claim. This may include:
- The driver
- The company he works for
- The company whose product he’s carrying
- The company who services the truck
- The group responsible for ensuring proper maintenance and record keeping
- The insurance companies for all of these parties
It’s important that you name everyone in your initial complaint. You may not be able to add parties later on. Your Greenville car accident attorney will make sure this happens. Then, he’ll try to negotiate settlements with the various parties.
Your Greenville Car Accident Attorney Will Demand Damages
Depending on the seriousness of your injuries, your attorney will demand that you be compensated. He’ll demand damages in your civil lawsuit. These damages will include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and Suffering
Because of the nature of truck accidents, you will probably suffer pretty serious injuries. You’ll need surgery and physical therapy to overcome your medical issues. You may even find yourself permanently disabled as a result of the crash.
Your Greenville car accident attorney will make sure you are compensated for your injuries.
Call a Greenville Car Accident Attorney Today for Your Free Consultation
If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident, you need to do two things. First, make sure you receive medical treatment immediately following your accident. Second, call a Greenville car accident attorney.
You can schedule your free initial consultation. If you’re injuries are very severe, your attorney can come visit you in the hospital or home. He will do what it takes to make sure the defendant is held accountable.
The initial consultation is free and you pay nothing until you settle your case. You need to focus on getting better. Let an experienced Greenville car accident attorney handle the legal side of things.