If you have been involved in a car accident, there are a few things you need to do. First, you need to seek medical attention. You don’t want to refuse treatment. You have no way of knowing if you are really hurt. The second thing you need to do is call a Greenville car accident lawyer.
Whether your injuries are minor or serious, you are going to need a lawyer. You will have to either file a claim against an insurance company or file a lawsuit. Either way, you want to have an experienced legal expert by your side. Once you receive medical treatment, be sure to call a Greenville car accident attorney.
Greenville car accident attorneys have handled hundreds and thousands of car accident cases. They know how to negotiate with the insurance companies. They know how to go up against other attorneys and get you the money you deserve.
Before you try to negotiate on your own, contact a car accident lawyer in Greenville, South Carolina. Let them handle the legal side of things while you recover from your injuries. The insurance companies have lawyers on their side. You should have one on yours.
Why Choose the Greenville Car Accident Attorneys at Brumback & Langley?
You are going to want an experienced and dedicated attorney on your side. The attorneys at Brumback & Langley have decades of experience handling car accident cases. They know how to prove damages and causation and also how to combat an insurance denial. They know what evidence they need to prove your case.
There are so many different kinds of car accidents. The experts at Brumback & Langley have seen it all. Here are just some of the most common types of car accidents in South Carolina:
- Rear-end car accidents – often times, people aren’t paying attention to the road and they slam into you from behind. Often times this is at a red light or in bumper-to-bumper traffic.
- Head-on collisions – head on collisions are scary because usually the cars at going at high rates of speed. This means the impact is great and the injuries can be very serious.
- Wrong way drivers – Whether they’re lost, impaired or confused, wrong-way drivers are one of the worst type of accidents. You simply never expect someone to come barreling toward you from the other way.
- Distracted drivers – Whether they’re texting or typing, distracted drivers are frustrating because they are in control. The most preventable sort of accident is a distracted driving accident.
- Tractor trailer accidents- given the different in size, tractor trailer accidents are one of the deadliest kinds of accidents. This is because a giant truck collides with a small passenger vehicle. The consequences can be deadly.
- Motorcycle accidents – Since there is nothing between the road and the motorcycle driver, these accidents can lead to very serious injuries.
- Drunk and impaired driving accidents – Like distracted driving, drunk driving is 100% preventable. Sadly, attorneys still see more than their fair share of drunk driving accident cases.
If someone else is at fault for your accident, they should pay. It’s important that you pursue the right party. It is also important that you sue all responsible parties. Just because a party fled the scene doesn’t mean they can’t be found. Your attorney at Brumback & Langley will work hard to find this person. They have access to information that you simply don’t have.
Don’t make things harder on yourself. Rely and trust in an experienced attorney to handle your legal case. You don’t get a second chance. Make sure you choose the right attorney the first time.
Your South Carolina Auto Accident Attorney Looks at SC Auto Collision Statistics
The number of car accidents should be decreasing with the increasing popularity of rideshares. However, this is not necessarily the case. In fact, South Carolina’s fatality rate for car accidents is almost double that of the national average.
For 2015, there were about 1,000 car accident fatalities in South Carolina. An average of 20 in every 100,000 people are expected to die in a car accident in South Carolina. The most common types of accidents in South Carolina are:
- Drunk driving – about 1/3 of all fatal accidents in SC involve drinking and driving. Out of the 977 people who died in car accidents in 2015, 301 died because of drunk driving. One reason for this is that it includes drivers under the influence of drugs. South Carolina, like so many states, has fallen prey to the opiate addiction that is haunting our country. These drivers are as bad or worse than drunk driving. Combined, these numbers are certainly lethal.
- Texting and Distracted driving – Nationally, according to the NHTSA, over 3,100 people in the United States died as a result of distracted driving. This data was from 2014. The numbers are expected to have increased since then.
- Speeding – 361 people died in 2015 due to accidents caused by speeding. Again, this is preventable. There is no reason to speed to the point where you lose control of your car. There are studies done to determine what levels of speed are safe. This is why every road has a speed limit. For some reason, people refuse to obey them.
All three of these are preventable. That is what is so frustrating. Despite the public service announcements on drunk driving, drivers in South Carolina continue to do it. With police initiatives to stop texting and driving, you would think these numbers would be lower. However, it seems no matter what, people are determined to drive recklessly. They have absolutely no regard for other people.
The attorneys at Brumback & Langley are all too familiar with these statistics. They represent victims of fatal car accidents every year.
Dealing with the Insurance Adjustor
If you’ve ever had to deal with an insurance company, you know it can be frustrating. Often times, adjustors will deny your claim initially. Insurance companies don’t stay in business by paying claims. Some of the reasons they may give for denying your claim include:
- Policy was lapsed or cancelled
- Person driving wasn’t covered by the policy
- They don’t believe you were injured
- They don’t believe the accident cause your injuries
- A pre-existing condition caused your injury
- They believe you were at fault, not the insured
- You didn’t file your claim properly or in a timely fashion
Regardless of the reason, you need to appeal your claim. This is not something you want to handle yourself. The professionals at Brumback & Langley are experienced in dealing with insurance adjustors. You should rely on their expertise rather than go it alone.
Your attorney will go to battle with the insurance company on your behalf. They will make sure all necessary paperwork is filed. They will investigate the coverage on the other party’s insurance policy and can research the insurance company’s history of denying claims.
Attorneys also have personal or firm experience dealing with insurance companies. Over time, lawyers get an understanding of which insurance companies play fair and which ones don’t. They may have handled cases against the insurance company before or may even have a good relationship with the company. They may be able to negotiate a settlement on your behalf.
The bottom line is that most parties want to settle. Nobody wants to go to trial. Your attorney doesn’t. Neither does the insurance company. Trials are expensive. They cost time and man hours. People would rather settle for a fair amount rather than draw it out over years.
Common Greenville Car Accident Injuries
Even minor accidents can lead to injuries. Some injuries are very serious. It depends on the kind of accident and the vehicles involved. Your compensation will depend on the extent of your injuries. Some of the most common types of Greenville car accident injuries are:
- Head injuries – One of the most serious type of injury is a traumatic brain injury. When your head suffers a violent blow, you may suffer a brain injury. Sometimes this is due to a skull fracture. Other times, it is the result of a direct blow to the head. This may dislodge or rattle the brain. It can lead to life altering problems for the victim. Some of the symptoms and problems associated with a traumatic brain injury are:
- Memory problems
- Speech problems
- Ringing in the ears
- Inability to communicate
- Permanent disability
Alone, any one of these can be life altering. Combined, they are devastating. You may not be able to work ever again. You may not even be able to communicate with your family and loved ones. Traumatic brain injuries are a common injury associated with accidents caused by speeding, head-on collisions, and drunk driving.
- Back injuries – One of the most common types of injuries are back injuries. People suffer herniated and slipped discs from car accidents. They may even experience a spinal cord injury. This can require surgery or physical therapy. It can be debilitating and may lead to permanent or short-term disability.
- Neck injuries – Whiplash is the most common type of car accident injury. It is caused by the neck being stretched beyond its normal range and It is very difficult to prove, but it is painful. It is important that you seek medical treatment for whiplash. Your doctor will likely be called on later to testify as to your injuries.
- Internal injuries – This type of injury is dangerous because people don’t know anything is wrong with them. Often times, symptoms from internal injuries don’t appear right away. People refuse treatment thinking they are okay. Hours or a day later, they realize something is wrong. Internal injuries such as bleeding on brain or organ punctures can be lethal if left untreated.
Your Greenville car accident attorney will fight to make sure you get compensation for your injuries.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Greenville, SC Today
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, contact a Greenville car accident lawyer immediately. You don’t want to wait until it’s too late. Your lawyer can work hard to negotiate a fair settlement for you so you can avoid trial.
There are a lot of things attorneys can do that you cannot. Don’t go it alone. The insurance companies have lawyers on their side. You should too.
Contact the offices of Brumback & Langley. Their attorneys have decades of experience handling car accident cases. The initial consultation is absolutely free. You pay nothing until you win your case.
Let the professional and compassionate staff at Brumback & Langley answer any questions you may have. They can offer the peace of mind you need at a time like this.