Pickens Personal Injury Lawyer
When injured because of the fault of another, you need a Pickens personal injury lawyer that can help you with your personal injury case. There are many accidents that occur every day in life that can harm you. But, when these accidents lead to injury because someone else was negligent, then you may have a case where Pickens personal injury lawyers can help you receive a settlement award for your lawsuit.
Common Types of Pickens Personal Injury Accidents
There are several types of personal injury accidents that can lead to extensive injuries. While each personal injury case is unique, these are the most common personal injury accidents that can happen to you:
- Slips and falls: A property owner is responsible for your safety when you are on their premises. They need to properly maintain all areas and ensure that an accident will not occur to injure someone. When you fall or slip because of poor property conditions, you have a personal injury case that needs examination.
- Dog bites: When an animal attacks, it is a scary time for all involved. You can have severe injuries that need addressing and immediate medical attention. A dog owner is responsible for the actions of their dog. While there are specific laws governing dog bites, your Pickens personal injury lawyers can get you justice for these personal injuries.
- Workplace accidents: When an accident occurs at work that was the fault of your employer, you have a right to file a personal injury lawsuit for your injuries. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to seek compensation for these types of injuries during your settlement negotiations.
- Medical device negligence: If a medical device has caused you harm, you need the attention of a personal injury lawyer to advise you on your case. These manufacturers have a responsibility to the patient to keep them safe and warn them about defects or side effects from the use of their medical devices. When injured because of a medical device, contact a Pickens personal injury lawyer to help you with your case.
- Product liability: Product manufacturers also have liabilities and responsibilities to consumers to keep them safe. They need to warn consumers of any dangers and failure to do so can create a hazardous situation. When injured because of product, you have a right to file a lawsuit against the manufacturer and a personal injury lawyer can assist you with your lawsuit.
- Prescription drug misrepresentation: When drug manufacturers fail to warn consumers about the side effects and dangers of their product, they are putting you at risk. You deserve compensation when have been hurt because of these negligent behaviors and you can count on a Pickens personal injury lawyer to help.
Should I Accept a Settlement for My Personal Injury Case in South Carolina?
Working with South Carolina personal injury lawyers can make a big difference if you are offered a settlement in your personal injury case. Temptation may cause you to take a quick settlement from an insurance company. This increases your risk of accepting a low settlement offer for your injuries or accepting a settlement that does not account for any treatment needed in the future.
Before you ever settle on compensation from an insurance company in a personal injury case, you need to speak to a South Carolina personal injury lawyer to determine if you are getting a fair settlement award for your injuries. A Pickens personal injury lawyer can help you recognize when a fair settlement is offered in your personal injury case.
Your personal injury lawyers will work to get you the largest settlement possible for your injuries. They can take the hassle out of trying to negotiate with insurance companies by working on your behalf to come to a settlement award. This will allow you time to focus on your recovery from your personal injuries and get your life back in order after an accident.
A Pickens personal injury lawyer can help you receive the maximum settlement award for your injuries and get you compensation in your personal injury case quickly. This can allow you to move forward with your life and have the financial means to pay your medical bills and necessary treatment.
Your recovery is important to a personal injury lawyer and they will make the legal process of filing a personal injury lawsuit as easy as possible for you. You can rely on them to handle your personal injury case and ensure you get fair compensation for your injuries after a negligent accident.
Pickens Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
You can count on a personal injury lawyer to guide you through the legal process when it comes to personal injury cases. They can advise you on the law according to personal injury and help develop a case that supports your injury claims.
You need Pickens personal injury lawyers to represent you should your personal injury case go to court. While most personal injury cases settle out of court, yours may need to go to court to ensure a fair settlement. In this instance, your personal injury lawyers are by your side throughout the entire legal proceedings, ensuring you understand every step of the legal process.
Having a Pickens personal injury lawyer to assist you in your personal injury case can help you get justice for any injuries sustained because of the negligent actions of another. They will support you in your claims and help you recognize when you have a personal injury case that deserves a settlement.
Allow your Pickens personal injury lawyers to fight for your rights in your personal injury case and get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. They know the law for personal injury and can help you win your personal injury case in court.
Settlement Awards in a Pickens Personal Injury Case
In a personal injury case, there are a variety of damages that you can seek as part of your settlement. While each personal injury case is different, these damages are allowable under the law in Pickens. Your personal injury lawyer can determine if you qualify for these damages and should seek them as part of your settlement award. You may have several losses or just one because of an accident, but you deserve fair compensation when hurt because of the fault of another. These damages include:
- Medical expenses: Getting treatment for your injuries is imperative after a negligent accident occurs. Payment for these medical expenses are paid by the defendant in your personal injury case. Any necessary medical treatment you need to recover from a personal injury is part of your settlement award as well as any future treatment you would need to care for your injuries into the future. Your Pickens personal injury lawyer can help you determine what your total medical expenses are in your personal injury case.
- Lost wages: Missed time from work can have a negative effect on you after a negligent accident. Recovering these lost earnings can be part of your settlement award in your personal injury case. You may also lose wages if you are unable to work during your recovery or because your injuries are debilitating or have caused a disability. Your personal injury lawyer can calculate your total lost wages for your settlement compensation.
- Pain and suffering: Often times, the accident you were in is traumatic and causes emotional suffering. When your injuries extend beyond the physical, you can seek pain and suffering damages in your personal injury case. These types of compensation provide financial support for any mental anguish and emotional suffering that you are dealing with because of the injuries sustained after your accident. Consult with your Pickens personal injury lawyer to determine if you can seek pain and suffering damages.
- Loss of enjoyment: When loss of enjoyment occurs, it can be devastating. It stops you from doing the activities that you love because it has become too difficult. You may not be able to perform your favorite hobbies or participate in activities with friends and family. If you are suffering from a loss of enjoyment, then you deserve compensation for your loss. You can work with personal injury lawyers to value your loss of enjoyment damages.
- Loss of consortium: Loss of consortium means that you have lost the companionship of a partner, spouse or family member through death or a physical change in behavior. Because of the injuries that your loved one suffered during their accident, you are suffering an emotional loss. Allow a South Carolina personal injury lawyer to determine if a loss of consortium has occurred in your personal injury case.
- Punitive damages: If the acts of the defendant are particularly egregious in your personal injury case, the court may award you punitive damages. Punitive damages are designed to punish the defendant for their hazardous acts and provide you with financial solace in your personal injury case. These damages are also handed down as a deterrent to prevent others from engaging in the same dangerous behaviors as the defendant in your case. Your personal injury lawyers will determine if punitive damages are necessary for your lawsuit. There is a cap on punitive damages in Pickens. These damages have a limit of $500,000.
Deadline for Filing a Pickens Personal Injury Lawsuit
You only have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit after an accident has occurred that caused your injury. There is a statute of limitations in place that dictates that a personal injury lawsuit needs filing within three years from the date of the negligent accident that caused your injuries.
Waiting to file your personal injury lawsuit could affect your ability to win a settlement in your personal injury case. With a late lawsuit filing, a defendant has the right to request a dismissal of the case since the claim was submitted after the stipulated statute of limitations in Pickens. A dismissal would drop your personal injury case and prevent you from receiving a settlement of any kind regardless of how severely you were injured.
You need to speak to a personal injury lawyer immediately after a personal injury occurs. They will start the negotiation process and make sure to file your personal injury lawsuit in a timely fashion, so you do not lose out on a settlement award that you deserve.
Proving Fault in a Pickens Personal Injury Case
Your Pickens personal injury lawyers will establish fault in a personal injury case. They will develop a case against the defendant and use all means necessary to support your injury claims. Because Pickens uses a comparative law when determining fault, it is essential that fault is limited to you in the cause of the accident. The law requires a jury to assign fault to both the plaintiff and defendant in a personal injury case.
Your determined percentage of fault reduces your total settlement in your personal injury case. If determined that you are 50 percent or more at fault, you receive zero settlement for your injuries. For this reason, it is important that your Pickens personal injury lawyers prove the fault of the defendant to the fullest extent in your personal injury lawsuit.
Your Pickens personal injury lawyer will use photographic evidence to prove negligence and support your claims of injury. Photos are also used to document the severity of your injuries. This can show the extent of your injuries immediately after the accident and during the recovery process.
Your personal injury lawyers may also use witness testimony to support your account of what happened during the accident. These witnesses can be beneficial in supporting your claims and providing additional details in the events surrounding the accident.
Consult with a Pickens Personal Injury Attorney Today
When injured because of the negligent actions of another, you need a personal injury lawyer to help you with your case. The attorneys at Brumback & Langley, LLC can assist you in your personal injury claims and advise you on your legal rights. They will work to establish fault in your case and get you the compensation you deserve. Allow the personal injury lawyers at Brumback & Langley, LLC to fight for your rights under the law. Contact us today to set up a consultation.