Easley Personal Injury Lawyer
When an injury occurs because of the negligence of another, you need personal injury lawyers that understand your claims. You deserve a fair settlement, which is where an Easley personal injury lawyer can help. Your attorney will work to get you compensation for your injuries.
Once you are injured in an accident, the medical bills start to pile up and you may have lost out on your earnings from work because you had to spend so much time recovering. If this sounds like your situation, then you need an Easley personal injury lawyer that will fight for your legal rights. If you have sustained an injury that was the fault of another, discussing your personal injury case with an attorney can help determine what your rights are under the law.
Common Easley Personal Injuries Accidents
There are many reasons that personal injuries occur at the hands of another. You may have suffered harm because of these types of accidents:
- Slip and fall: When you fall or slip because an owner of a property did not take the necessary safety precautions, you have a personal injury case. Weather conditions or poor maintenance can make floors, stairs, and walkways slick and dangerous. When you fall or slip on these premises, it is not your fault and you deserve compensation as a result of your personal injuries.
- Dog bites: Dog owners need to take special care to ensure that their pet is under control at all times. When a dog attacks or bites you, you need an Easley personal injury lawyer to get your compensation under the law. There are very specific laws governing liability in a dog bite case, and your attorney can ensure your personal injury case falls under these requirements to get you the settlement owed in your personal injury case.
- Product liability: If you used a product that caused you injury, you have a personal injury case that needs attention. Discuss your personal injury claims with a South Carolina personal injury lawyer to determine your course of action and what your damages are in this case. Product manufacturers have a responsibility to make their sure their products are safe for all that use them. When an injury occurs, they need to pay for their failure to warn and make consumers aware.
- Workplace accidents: Accidents that happen on the job that are the fault of your employer often mean you deserve compensation for your injuries. You have a right under the law in Easley to file a lawsuit against your employer when their actions caused your harm. Contact experienced South Carolina personal injury lawyers to help you with your case.
- Medicine and medical device negligence: Often times, medical devices and prescription drugs fail to warn consumers of their side effects. They make misrepresentations and can have detrimental effects on your health. When you work with an Easley personal injury lawyer, you can seek a settlement award from these manufacturing companies so that they can pay for your injuries and the damages you have undergone from using their products.
Should I Accept a Personal Injury Settlement in South Carolina?
Accidents happen for a number of reasons. Many times, they are because of the careless negligence of another party. No matter if your injuries occurred because of a family member, friend, or company, you have a right to file a personal injury lawsuit to get your medical bills paid and recoup lost wages from work.
In a personal injury case, many accident claims settle out of court. There is no reason to take a settlement from an insurance company that is less than what you anticipated for your injuries. Allow a personal injury lawyer to advise you on the acceptable settlement award amounts and help you navigate the legal waters of settlement claims.
Your Easley personal injury lawyer will work to negotiate your settlement with the insurance company, leaving you free to worry about recovering from your injuries. You will not feel the pressure to accept an unfair settlement in your personal injury case, because your Easley personal injury lawyers will advise you on when a settlement is enough to cover any damages you are suffering now and may suffer in the future.
What Happens When an Easley Personal Injury Case Goes to Court?
If your personal injury case goes to court, you can rely on your Easley personal injury lawyers to fight for justice in your case. They will help you through the legal process and get you the fairest compensation for your case as quickly as possible. When you have a personal injury lawsuit that goes to court, your attorney will work on your behalf to substantiate your personal injury claims to get you the maximum settlement award.
Court cases are arduous for everyone involved, and your personal injury lawyers will work to avoid going to court to settle your case as much as possible. In some instances, this is not an option as the court may be the only way to get a fair settlement for your personal injuries. When this occurs, your attorney will consult with you on this option and make sure you understand the legal process that you will have to endure as part of a court battle.
You do not have to go through a personal injury case on your own, as an Easley personal injury lawyer is there to help you with your claims and make sure you get the settlement you deserve. You can count on your attorney to support you at every step of the legal process and represent your personal injury case in all aspects of your case.
Discuss your injuries with a personal injury lawyer to determine if you have a case that deserves a settlement. They can help you identify your rights and provide you with a course of action to take with your personal injury case. Injuries deserve compensation and an Easley personal injury lawyer can help you take the necessary steps to secure a settlement for your case.
Understanding Your Easley Personal Injury Settlement
When it comes to understanding your compensation in a personal injury case, it is best to work with an Easley personal injury attorney. They can help you determine your damages and what your settlement award should include in your personal injury case. In deciding on your settlement damages, a personal injury lawyer will take into account the following:
- Medical costs: Your personal injury lawyers in South Carolina will make note of all medical costs that you have incurred to treat your injuries from your personal injury accident. They will look at current medical treatment as well as any future medical treatment you will need to care for your injuries. These medical expenses are part of your settlement award package and payment will be given to you after a successful personal injury settlement.
- Lost earnings: When you miss time from work to visit doctors and recover from your injuries, these lost earnings are paid back to you in your settlement award for your personal injury case. A personal injury lawyer can help you calculate what earnings you have lost now and into the future for injuries that are severe and extensive. A disability injury may prevent you from working entirely, and you are due compensation for these damages.
- Pain and suffering damages: Accidents that are traumatic and create extensive injury can also bring on mental anguish and suffering. Your Easley personal injury lawyer can include pain and suffering damages into your settlement. Pain and suffering compensation can help you emotionally heal from the accident you were in and allow you to move forward with your life and get the necessary treatment you need for your emotional suffering.
- Loss of enjoyment: When you can no longer enjoy the activities you previously participated in, a loss of enjoyment has occurred in your life. Injuries from an accident can make it impossible to do the things that you did before. They may have rendered you disabled, making these activities harder to do if at all possible. Your South Carolina personal injury lawyers will work to get you damages for your loss of enjoyment and make sure these damages occur in your settlement award.
- Loss of consortium: Often times, after a severe personal injury accident, loss of consortium can occur. This can result from death or a change in your loved one’s physical or emotional state that affects your companionship. When you have a loss of consortium, your Easley personal injury lawyer will fight to get your compensation for your loss and make sure compensation occurs for these damages.
- Punitive damages: Under the law, punitive damages provide more financial punishment to the negligent defendant in your personal injury case. These damages also work as a deterrent to prevent others from engaging in the same behavior and can provide for you financially in your personal injury case. While there is a cap on punitive damages in Easley, punitive damage awards can reach $500,000 in a personal injury case.
Establishing Fault in Your Easley Personal Injury Case
Proving fault in a personal injury case is essential as Easley uses a comparative fault law when awarding settlements. This means that your percentage of fault in the accident determines your settlement award. Your percentage of fault reduces your total settlement award by that percentage in your personal injury case.
Your Easley personal injury lawyer will work to establish fault in your personal injury case by using all means possible to them. They will use photographic evidence when possible to show negligence of another party or property owner. They can also use photos to document the severity of the injuries you suffered from after the accident.
Beyond photographic evidence, your personal injury lawyer will gather all possible supporting information available to them. This may include using witnesses to testify to the events of the accident or the negligence of the defendant in your case. Witnesses are also called on to testify to injuries suffered and negligence of equipment, machines, property, and liabilities.
Your Easley personal injury lawyer will work to prove fault. They have the burden of establishing fault to reduce your percentage of negligence in your personal injury case. Without the assistance of an attorney, your personal injury suit could result in no award settlement. Anytime you are proven 50 percent or more at fault in a personal injury case, your settlement award is zero, and no payment award is given to you. Your personal injury lawyers will work to ensure this does not happen to you and get you a settlement that is fair for your injuries. Trusting in a South Carolina personal injury lawyer is beneficial in proving fault and winning your personal injury case.
Deadlines You Need to Know for Your Easley Personal Injury Case
When injured because of the fault of another, you need to speak to an Easley personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. There is a statute of limitations in place that dictates a strict deadline for filing a personal injury claim. You have three years from the date of the accident that caused your injuries to file a personal injury suit, and a personal injury lawyer can ensure this takes place as soon as possible.
Waiting too long to file a personal injury suit can cause you to miss out on a settlement award. In this instance, the defendant has the right to ask for a dismissal of your personal injury claims. Your personal injury case will not go to court and no settlement will occur in your case.
Be sure to speak with an Easley personal injury lawyer immediately after your accident to ensure timely filing of your personal injury lawsuit. They can determine if you have a personal injury case and help you understand what your rights are under the law.
Consult with an Easley, South Carolina PErsonal Injury Attorney Today
If you suffered injury because of an accident that is the fault of another, you have a personal injury case that needs action. The Easley personal injury lawyers at Brumback & Langley, LLC can help you with your case. They will negotiate with insurance companies and get you a fair settlement. Allow the lawyers at Brumback & Langley to get you the compensation you deserve for your personal injury case. Contact us today to set up a consultation.