Clemson, Easley and pickens Product Liability Lawyer
When product liability occurs, it can create severe and grave injuries. Consumers need protection from faulty products and deserve compensation under the law when they are hurt. If injured because of product negligence, you need a product liability lawyer with experience serving clients in Clemson, Easley, and Pickens to help you with your case. They can advise you on your legal rights and help determine if you should take action for your injuries.
When you work with a product liability attorney in South Carolina, you increase your chances of receiving a larger settlement, as they will thoroughly investigate your case and present evidence that proves your injury claims and shows the fault of the product manufacturer.
In a product liability lawsuit, it is not necessary to prove negligence as you can file a lawsuit based on the product creating your injuries. The court uses a strict liability law that removes the burden of showing negligence, making it easier for you to get the compensation you deserve in a product liability case.
Types of Product Liability Cases in Clemson, Easley, and Pickens
While every product liability case is different, there are some main reasons that some products may malfunction and cause an injury without warning. Often times, product manufacturers do not provide consumers with warnings about their product. The product may be inherently dangerous, and it is the product manufacturer’s responsibility to make the consumer aware of any dangers that exist when using their product. This also includes providing proper instruction on how to use the product to remain safe. Failure to state these dangers creates a situation where injury occurs and a product liability suit unfolds. A product liability lawyer serving Clemson, Easley, and Pickens can help investigate your claims and determine if you have a suit that needs filling in a court of law.
Other times, the design of the product may have manufacturing defects and cause injury when used. These manufacturing defects may only occur in a few products, but it is still the responsibility of the product manufacturer to provide safe products for you to use. When an injury occurs because of a manufacturing defect, speak to a South Carolina product liability attorney to help you with your case.
When a product goes to market with a design defect, it often creates harm to those that use it. It may not have a design that is safe or a quality control check may not have occurred. In both these instances, a product liability case is necessary to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. A product liability lawyer serving Clemson, Easley, and Pickens can help you determine if you have suffered injuries from a product design defect and decide what the necessary course of action to take should be in your product liability case.
Dangerous Products That Cause Product Liability Lawsuits in South Carolina
There are a number of products that can cause injury if there are design defects, manufacturing defects or warning failures. Some of the most common products involved in product liability cases are:
- Drugs and medications: Often times, drug manufacturers misrepresent or fail to state the side effects of their drugs. These product liability cases can include prescription drugs as well as over-the-counter medications.
- Automobiles: The dangers in automobiles is serious and can often have fatal results. When your car, truck, van, or SUV caused you harm because of a defect or poor design, you need a product liability lawyer serving Clemson, Easley, and Pickens to help you with your case.
- Medical devices: Medical devices that fail to warn about side effects or possible illnesses and injuries qualify for a product liability suit. This can range from breast implants to hip replacement devices and cause you grave harm.
- Child care products: Products that you use for your children need to be safe. When they are not, the effects can be frightening because your child is at risk. Products that are commonly the cause of product liability claims include strollers, car seats, and carriers. When these products injure your child, you need to contact a product liability attorney in South Carolina to get justice.
- Toys: Children’s toys may cause injury when played with because of unsafe features for which there are no warning labels. They may have a defective design that occurred and quality control checks may not be used to catch these dangers.
- Power tools: Tools of any kind can present a danger when there are improper instructions on their use. They can injure you severely and a product liability attorney serving Clemson, Easley, and Pickens can get you compensation for any resulting injuries.
- Appliances: You rely on your home appliances to work as they are supposed to in your home. But, if they malfunction or do not operate as intended, this can lead to a personal injury or severe property damage. When the manufacturer has failed to warn consumers of these potential dangers, then they have a right to a settlement award in a product liability suit.
- Heavy machinery: Machinery used on your property such as lawnmowers, tractors, or other heavy equipment can hurt, injure and even kill. These machines are useful, but they present a danger when something goes wrong. If you are injured using heavy machinery, a product liability lawyer serving Clemson, Easley, and Pickens can get you a settlement in your product liability case.
- Recreational vehicles: There are a number of personal injuries one could suffer from when riding ATVs, UTVs, or bicycles. While these vehicles are fun to use, they do present a danger when warnings are not present or proper operational instructions fail.
- Electrical devices: When your electrical device causes you injury from its faulty operation, you need the assistance of a product liability lawyer in SC to help fight for your rights to a settlement from these manufacturers.
Product Manufacturers Responsibility in SC Product Liability Cases
When injured because of a defective product, you have a right to file a lawsuit against not only the manufacturer, but also the retailer that sold you the product. You need to look at everyone that is involved in the manufacturing, distribution, and selling of the product as they all take part in the negligence. Your product liability lawsuit may include distributors and wholesalers as well as engineers and designers of the product. Your SC product liability attorney will help you determine all the parties involved in the production, design, and sale of the product to determine who is all at fault in your product liability case.
Settlement Awards for Product Liability Cases in Clemson, Easley, and Pickens
Your product liability case deserves compensation, and a product liability attorney can help you identify what damages you have suffered from and what compensation is needed for in your suit. They will help you recognize injuries as well as any suffering you have endured. Your damages may include:
- Medical costs: This includes any medical expenses you incurred to treat your injuries. Your settlement also takes into account any future medical treatment you may need to care for your injuries.
- Lost earning: Any lost wages you missed out on because you were unable to work due to your injuries is calculated into your settlement award. This also looks at any wages you will miss out on in the future.
- Pain and suffering: When you suffer emotional pain and mental suffering because of the injuries you endured, you need a product liability attorney serving Clemson, Easley, and Pickens to help you determine your pain and suffering damages.
- Loss of enjoyment: A loss of enjoyment can occur if your injuries prevent you from enjoying activities that you once liked to partake in. This can be hobbies or activities you enjoyed with friends and family.
- Loss of consortium: When you lose the companionship of a spouse or family member due to a faulty product then you may be able to sue for loss of consortium. Injuries can cause death or change the behavior of your loved and compensation needed for these damages.
- Punitive damages: You can seek punitive damages in a product liability case to punish the defendant significantly and act as a deterrent to others that engage in negligent acts. The cap for punitive damages in Clemson, Easley, and Pickens is $500,000.
To determine your settlement award for your product liability case, you need to consult with a product liability lawyer in South Carolina. They can calculate a fair settlement award and help you to get the compensation you deserve.
Deadline for Filing a Product Liability Case in Clemson, Easley, and Pickens
There is a deadline in place for filing product liability cases in Clemson, Easley, and Pickens. The statute of limitations dictates that you file your product liability lawsuit within three years from the date that the injuries occurred in your product liability case.
Failure to file a product liability lawsuit within three years eliminates your opportunity to win a settlement in your case. The defendant could then file for a dismissal based on the statute of limitations deadline. This would dismiss your case and prevent you from receiving a settlement regardless of how severe your injuries are or how negligent the product manufacturer is in your suit.
You need to discuss your case with a product liability lawyer in South Carolina as soon as possible after injuries from a product has occurred in your case. They will file your case within the statute of limitations. They will try to reach a settlement with the insurance companies. If a fair settlement fails in negotiations with insurance companies in your case, they will pursue a court lawsuit to get you the compensation you deserve in your suit. To get started, speak to a South Carolina product liability lawyer immediately about your injuries.
Working With a Product Liability Lawyer in South Carolina
For your product liability case, you will want to consult with a product liability attorney serving Clemson, Easley, and Pickens. They can advise you on your case and help determine what legal action you should take to get the compensation you deserve.
Your product liability lawyer will work to get you a settlement award quickly so you can move forward after your injuries. They will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and make sure you receive a fair settlement for the injuries you sustained.
If your South Carolina product liability attorney is unable to secure you a fair settlement for your injuries, they may advise you to file a product liability lawsuit. Taking your product liability case before the court can help you get the maximum settlement award you deserve.
If your product liability case goes to court, you can rely on your lawyer to be by your side through the legal proceedings. They will represent you in court and provide evidence to support your case. Your product liability attorney serving Clemson, Easley, and Pickens will develop a case and show the extent of your injuries to the court. They will build a case that supports your claims to give you the best opportunity to win your case and collect a fair settlement award for the injuries you suffered.
You can work with a product liability lawyer in South Carolina to determine if you have a case. They will advise you on the laws governing product liability and help you understand the laws as it relates to your case. If you are uncertain if you have a product liability case, consult with a SC product liability attorney as they can guide you on the legal process and ensure you get compensation when you deserve it.
When injured because of the negligence of a product manufacturer, you can count on a product liability attorney in SC to help you with your case. The personal injury attorneys at Brumback & Langley, LLC, are on your side. They will fight for your right to compensation for your injuries and help you get justice under the law. Contact us today to set up a consultation.